Hopeman

Hopeman

Another of the historical fishing ports on our coast, Hopeman was used by boats in the 19th Century and expanded with a new harbour being built in 1838.  Two sandy beaches make the town a popular stopping-off place for many visitors and in line with just about any spot on the coastline the village has been of particular interest for dolphin-spotters.

The Community Association have done a great deal of fine work in establishing improved facilities for use both by residents and visitors since it was established in 1975.  As well as being responsible for the Memorial Hall the Association are responsible for developments at Cameron Park including a skate park that draws enthusiasts from far and wide.

Photo credit: Joan Megson, Laich of Moray Tourism Group